Saturday, January 23, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BROTHER

John David Allen


Taken Oct 1968


John David and me with my children at the time

Kelly on John's lap, Kristy and Kim on my lap

Chad and Herbie in back


Taken Dec 29, 2009

John David was born when I was 4 1/2. Being older I always bossed and tormented him. Poor guy he took it. Mother always said he was going to be bigger than me one day and watch out for paybacks. He never did. My bossiness probably made him stronger to be the great sailor he was during the Viet Nam War. After the war he became a firefighter retiring as Captain. He presented me with his Captain's badge which I cherish dearly. Both of our parents are deceased. Our mother at the early age of 45 and our dad at age 77. We were always close but since our father's death we have gotten closer.

Happy birthday John David! I love you very much.



















































1 comment:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Happy Birthday, Uncle John!!!